After a busy summer, but one in which we were closer to home, Stratos is delighted to be working with our northern clients and partners in all three territories in September and October. Here are some highlights:
- September 15-17: Michael and van Aanhout and Adam Fryer participate in the Arctic Renewable Energy Summit in Iqaluit, co-hosted by WWF-Canada, the Government of Canada, the Government of Nunavut and Qulliq Energy Corporation. Michael moderates two sessions that look at the barriers, needs and roles in moving toward reduced reliance on diesel and shaping a path forward to address Nunavut’s energy challenges.
- Week of September 19: Stefan Reinecke and Leah Henderson support the Government of Canada and the Yukon Government as they review and update the risk profile for the Faro Mine Remediation Project in the Yukon.
- Week of September 19: Vicky Weekes works with the Joint Secretariat in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (NWT) on organizational planning for the future.
- Week of October 3: Stefan Reinecke and Stephanie Meyer conduct the next in a series of workshops on community wellness for Agnico Eagle in Baker Lake, Nunavut.
- Week of October 11: Michael van Aanhout co-facilitates the Pan-Territorial Environmental Assessment and Regulatory Boards Forum (in Whitehorse), which brings together senior staff from northern environmental assessment and land and water boards to share knowledge and work on common issues.
We always welcome the opportunity to reconnect with familiar faces and make new connections – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us while we are in town!
For more information on Stratos’ Northern practice, please contact Michael van Aanhout: email@example.com; 613-241-1001 x243.